Thursday, 6 May 2004

040505 - Blink

Blink..  and the world is in Limbo..  just for a
moment.. a moment you can make as long and as short as
you desire..  the insides of your eyes create a
Pause..  a suspension between reality and the dream.. 
between one reality and the next..  a pause between
Occurrences..  between Lives..  between Stuff.
We have found a Home..  woo hoo..  appropriately it
borders on everything and relates to nothing.  Between
Chelsea and Hells Kitchen, between the Garment
District and the Hudson River lies an oasis soon to be
called Home.  Two levels..  a massive courtyard.. one
and a half bathrooms..  a parking garage opposite..
and a soul called Mary.. make it a perfect blend for
further adventures.. or a respite from them..  to
quote myself..  I can hardly Wait..
I realized somewhere along the way that I have ceased
to care about other peoples’ feelings..  living Alone
one indulges with the Self..  the Others become a
canvas one paints on occasionally..  or a canvas that
spits back at you and tries to colour you..  but it is
a colour that can be washed off..  nothing sticks.. 
or if it does.. stays on in odd crevices that you do
not notice..  I am glad that I am on the road to
caring once again..  or is that too strong a word?.. 
I am on the road to being aware of other people.. 
strangely enough I am called ‘sensitive’ at the same
time..  but I have a feeling that this sensitivity has
to do more with Myself as opposed to the Others.
It is quite an enigma how being homeless all this time
was quite comforting..  in that I did not feel
displaced at all (my Life existence so far I am sure
has a factor to play in this)..  now the very thought
of being in one Place..  which belongs to Me unnerves
me..  hopefully I will get used to it..  my heart is
actually palpating at the thought..  my insides are
all undone..  and I can concentrate at nothing..
In the meanwhile I have played a very important part
in a life history..  I was Witness at a marriage in
City Hall in New York.  I went prepared with all the
vital ingredients to make a perfect match..  I arrived
with a box full of champagne filled chocolate (to
flaunt this ridiculous no drinking and no smoking law
in a place that ought be essentially a place of
happiness and mirth)..  needless to say by the time we
arrived in front of the judge we were all a little
unsteady on our legs..  the groom ended up telling the
judge that she was marrying off the wrong guy (she had
pronounced his very German name backwards)  and they
refused to accept Me as a witness since my signature
was shall we say too cool?).. we came away with
delightful memories of oddly intertwined couples
marrying for the moment..  photographs of signage that
belonged in an Orsen Wells novel and thankfully a
marriage certificate..  later we drowned our happiness
very architect like at the Royalton and the Seagram
Brasserie.
Where would I be without all those steady souls that
gave me hearth and home these past few months
(probably in a tent in Central Park)..  at final count
just the moves themselves comes to ten with a few
doubling in between them..
MaryMimiGaganMiriamRayaanAlexanderKadamNavalShireeshaDavidAnkitaChristoph..
 thank you and I have to say.. Shape up People..  just
kidding.. it is amazing what my friends are capable of
(dealing with Me) ..  and One cannot hope for a better
set..  Of course if I had a free run I would have
changed a few things while I was there.. but I am as
amazed as you that I kept my council to myself.
Around me are packed bags and cartons and in this
midst I write farewell to a phase which was
adventurous and exquisite and welcome another which I
hope will bring a tinge of stability and saneness..
Well Time has caught up..  since technology is still
to catch up with moi..  those last words were not sent
out..  all the better probably since I would like to
add that the new Home is amazing..  a true Oasis in
the midst of madness.  Almost all the cartons are
unpacked now..  though there are a few lying
underneath the staircase which we have no clue what to
do with and where to store.  As always the streams of
Life keep flowing..  my sister Bubbles is soon to
bring forth in this world a Life called  Esha..  we
are counting the minutes..  I have, after the Pause
familiar icons around me once again..  they provide me
meaning and connectivity.. since I am almost Nothing
without my Past.   
The fires are burning ones again and the machines are
all charged up..  our Home is Yours and we hope to see
you leave your imprints upon it very soon.
much peace

No comments: