..I have realized that I am great at marketing. Marketing the Thought that I am beyond Age.. so much so that most of everyone I knew disregarded the fact that it has been a year since the Earth passed my marker longitude on the Sun.. Strangely enough I do not mind.. I suppose I get more Tolerant.. what a thought!.. for is not strife and incompatibility the reason for which we exist in the first place.. I mean what a world it would be if we all got along with each other.. a completely bizarre thought.. one to be extinguished immediately..
It has been a rather relaxing week.. I went swimming in the ocean.. the Ocean thought I belonged to It for a while.. and was sweeping me away to its inner depths.. I was quite ready for it to do so (to be very frank).. but then this very human virtue of Survival overcame me.. and I swam ashore.. to well.. Life.. and at that moment the weather and the surroundings become brilliant and seeped in meaning and colours and Beauty.. and the people and birds around expressly there as personifications of this.. Yet this happens seldom for ‘for it is often that I have noted that the way the world looks does not have a thing to do with what’s going on with people.’.. Robert Morgan. And it probably did not happen there too, but purely in my perception.
Talking of the brilliantitude of the world.. another life altering experience in the not to far past.. I went for an Operation.. I have never been operated on before.. so it was all new and exciting for me and I wished to experience this to the fullest.. I have realized that a certain amount of Fear creeps into you.. a fear of the unknown.. what if they remove your kidneys or your lungs while they are at it kind of thing.. and since this fear is not something that could be dealt with on a personal level.. I spread it around.. in the weeks leading up to the operation everyone around me was completely paranoid as to what was going to happen to me.. was I going to be maimed for Life.. would everyone have to deal with a maimed Rohit.. was I eating right.. was I sleeping in the right position.. and I realized that I had made my own fears everyone else’s.. and mine went away.. That was the first victory.. As I walked around
and Then back to the Life.. my fantastical Lobby has since been bid over budget.. so we go though the painfull process of cutting corners.. not in the final brilliance of it I hope.. another mini project which allows sporadic bursts of architectural brilliance shall hopefully see the light of day after wallowing for a year.. if only the world would allow Architects to build as they Dream.. but that would be unWorldly.. Compromise is the name of the game(As Charle Eames hinted).. a Game which breaks your Soul yet one which I am forced to admit creates a greater Architecture in turn.. let us wait and see.. Jeff just tells me the other day that the Seagram was to have turned green.. patinezed because of the weather.. how wonderfull would that have been.. but Mies misjudged his material.. Sadness..
So much more to Think.. so much more to Do.. and to Think that we have all the time in the World.. an Anatomy right now would be so appropriate.. but it is not to Be.. for we only get One when we pass on from this world to the Next.. my brother in
No comments:
Post a Comment