Friday, 3 May 2002

020502 - Blurr

Well.. how you say..  I Am back..  to where I belong..
though that is difficult to say now a days..  or let
me just say.. to this City to which Everyone and Noone
belongs
What is about this City that gives me such Peace.. is
it just the Age or is it Reality..?
.. or the constant Stream of Change that creates a
Permanance..?
India was a Blurr..  No I did not end up getting
married..  My parents house which I had designed at an
early stage is almost finished..  morphed by ideas and
reality into quite another Entitiy..  delightfull yet
painfull..  It has taken on a life of its own..
complementing that of my parents.. who are younger and
trimmer and more energized than I have ever seen them
( as if they needed any help ! ) .. Painfull because
it does not follow exactly all the tennets we
architects love to provide..  but so it must be.. We
all do Live to Learn.. or rather Learn to Live.. even
the worst of us do.. ultimately..
Physically all I got back was a magic carpet..  which
enthralls and caprtivates me every day..
Also realizations.. that I probably cannot exist in
India for ever..  just as I cannot exist anywhere
else..  A Nomad.. a Gypsy.. in Constant Motion..  Like
a roller coaster ride.. you get off.. and you are
happy..  and then you want to get on again after a
Bit..  it is great for now that the 'get off' is
Manhattan
Age.. you ask.. is it not catching Up..?  the Highs
get Lower and the Lows get Higher..  but what of It..?
 Terry ( in architecture school ) quoted some one as
saying that you need to Do / Experience at least
Thrice..  maybe at the end of all this I will be the
Wise Old Owl ( Ha ! )
.. in the meanwhile we fill our time with Work..
Travel.. and Friends..
Bon Chance..

No comments: